27 June, 2011

Bright Pine & News

Bright Pine
10" x 11"
Pastel
Casey Klahn

This weekend, I started on a new project that is a wonderful departure for me.  I hope you'll be able to see it completed in the next month or two, but I'll keep it under wraps for the time being.  Hee hee.  It should be very cool.

My hands are very full with daddy duty now that school is out.  And, that caught me by surprise.  We watched the Eddie Murphy movie, Daddy Day Care, and got some laughs over the whole scheme of dad taking care of the youngsters.  

If you live in the Oakland or San Francisco areas, be aware that I will be teaching a workshop in your area in the next few months.  The date will be announced, along with the venue, soon.  Contact me if you are interested.  The announcement for On-Demand Workshops is here.


5 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

enjoy your daddy duty daze! it is always so much fun to watch a movie with youngins.

Love this painting

Debora L Stewart said...

Love Bright Pine and that purple swath through the middle and the small colorful marks on the lower left. Nice.

Mark Nesmith said...

Love the pines! Growing up in SE Texas, Pines were just about the only trees around. I always thought the challenge about handling evergreens like pines that don't change foliage much is really the negative spaces around them. You've managed to walk that fine line of having lots of added color interest in the surroundings while still keeping the focus on the pines. Great work!


Mark Nesmith
http://paintdailytexas.blogspot.com

Jala Pfaff said...

Love the strip of lavender, and the little bright orange marks.

Casey Klahn said...

Celeste - the yungstahs are fun. Thanks for the comment.

Debora, I am always glad for your views, too.

Mark, I do read your blog, and follow. Good thought about the neg space, and I am fascinated now by not giving too much credence to the edges.

10Q, Jala!

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism