28 December, 2013

My 2013 Year In Review


Self Portrait with Broken Glasses
@12" x 9"
Charcoal & Pastel on Prepared Paper
Casey Klahn



No year where your art improved even a little bit can be called a bad year.  I add to that my exhibits, workshops, travels, and outdoor painting trips, and I realize that this was a very busy and happy year for me.

Seven years of blogging at The Colorist has been a fabulous experience, and I hope for at least 7 more and I hope you'll stick around, too!  I wrote about this year's events and experiences in my annual blog birthday letter, posted here.  It does the job of bringing the past year into focus, and what remains for me now is to dream about 2014.  

What should I do with the new year?  Start a studio remodel?  Continue to advance into new subjects, such as the figure, and Yellowstone National Park?  Teach across the US, especially in the South and in the East?  How about Europe and Canada for new workshops?  Too much to ponder in one sitting.

Thanks for reading here this past year, friends.  May God bless you, your loved ones, and also your studio life in the coming year.



7 Year Letter and Year in Review.
My Top 13 Artworks of 2013.
13 Plus Small Works from 2013.





5 comments:

jafabrit said...

all the best to you too :)

Linda Popple said...

Fantastic self portrait! Love your blog for all your wonderful paintings, tips, explorations and all you share. I'm lifting a virtual glass of wine and wishing you a wonderful new year!

Casey Klahn said...

And the same to you, Corrine!

Linda, cheers to you!

Mary Adam said...

Wonderful self-portrait and all the best for 2014.

Casey Klahn said...

Thank you, Mary!

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism